Pool Party and Running in the Rain

by - Monday, July 09, 2012

When I woke up to do my run this morning I was greeted by a gloomy, cloud-filled sky and a steady rain.

For about 2.5 seconds I debated skipping the run. But then I realized it was 74 degrees outside, a solid 30 degrees cooler than it's been the last several days, and I decided I couldn't pass up a chance to run in cooler temps, even if it meant running in the rain.

I knocked out 3.75 miles, a nice healthy start to the week, which I needed after this weekend of complete unhealthiness.

On Saturday, my good friends Matt, Ryan and Chris held their massive annual pool party and with temps pushing 106 and the heat index well over 110,  I couldn't really think of a better place to be than poolside.

photo

The pool was packed.

The band was playing.

photo (1)
What your pool parties don't have live bands?

For some reason, mustaches were worn.

Mustaches all around!

And the food and drinks were not in short supply.

photo (2)
Some of the guys grilling

I may have had a few too many servings of the pasta salad and definitely indulged in some of the delicious sangria that Tracy made.



She found the recipe on Pinterest and if you're a sangria fan, I highly, highly recommend it. It was delicious and fruity -- the perfect drink for a hot summer day.

As always, the party was a blast and I collapsed into bed Saturday night completely and totally exhausted from spending the day baking in the sun.

While it definitely wasn't a healthy day, it was a totally awesome one.

You May Also Like

0 comments