Tri Training Week Six

by - Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I had a minor set back in training this week with the onset of my mysterious knee problems on Thursday. It caused me to skip my long run this weekend and going into Week 7, I'm still taking it easy so I don't cause a flare up.

I'm a little nervous for my 10 mile race that's coming up at the end of April. My runs have felt significantly more challenging lately and I've just felt sort of flat on the running front.

What happened to those easy runs from the first several weeks of training? I miss them and want them to come back!

Previous Weeks:

Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Week Four
Week Five

This Week:

week 6 training
Week six numbers

Monday: 8 miles

Because I had been so busy over the weekend, I pushed my long run to Monday. It was super hot outside and I thought I'd experiment with a new trail. Turns out that trail is kind of crappy and mostly just goes on sidewalks in the city where there is no shade. I finished my water way too early on this run. But I was running downtown to meet Emily for lunch, so at least I had something to look forward to at the end.

Tuesday: 50 minutes on the trainer

Trainer rides seriously kick my butt and this one was no different. There was a pool of sweat sitting on the floor when I was finished. I'm pretty sure my roommate totally love me for that.

Wednesday: 5 miles

It was another hot lunch time run. My legs were tired from the trainer ride, but I pushed through and manage to run for the whole five miles even though I was baking in the sun.


Thursday: Knee injury

Well that run didn't go as planned. Thank goodness for @arcticease

Thursday was a planned swim day, but it was so absolutely gorgeous outside that the thought of going to a pool and missing out on the sunshine was killing me. I decided to bump my swim to the weekend and run instead. Except my knee wasn't such a fan of that plan. I made it less than half a mile before the pain got really sharp. So I turned around, went home and iced.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest


Sunday: Swim 3200 yards

I had a lot of pent up energy from taking so many rest days to baby my knee. So I hit the pool hard on Sunday. It was a great workout and I felt that happy exhausted feeling afterward.

I'm cautiously optimistic that my knee will bounce back just fine, but I am trying to take it nice and slow and easy on the running front. I'm not sure where this knee thing came from, but I'd like to make it go away as fast as humanly possible.

You May Also Like

0 comments