Excited to Race This Weekend

by - Friday, February 10, 2012

It's been a long time since I've run a race. I'm pretty sure my last time racing was the Hot Chocolate 15K back in the beginning of December.

DSC_0074
Back when longer distances felt easy

Since then I've been enjoying the off-season, taking it easy on my runs and mixing things up with cycling and swimming.

But this weekend I'm signed up to do a 5K with some of my friends and I'm super pumped about it.

It's a Valentine's themed race, so my original plan was to wear every bit of pink running gear that I owned.

LTRYW

But then I checked the temperature and realized the real feel temp at the start of the race is only going to be 10 degrees. (Thanks for that, wind chill factor.)

So my plan to dress like Cupid puked pink on me is going out the window in an attempt to dress warm enough so that I don't suffer hypothermia while waiting for the race to start.

I honestly don't think I've ever run in weather quite that cold so figuring out what to wear is going to be a fun experiment.

As far as time goals, I have none.

I know I'm not going to PR and I'm totally OK with that.

I just want to go out and have fun with my friends.

I'm pretty sure it's my friend Abe's first race ever and the last time I ran with Ryan was way back at the 9/11 Memorial 5K in September. I think Ryan will probably destroy his time from our last race this weekend.

9/11 Memorial 5K
I miss running in shorts and tanks

And after the race we're going to warm up and celebrate Ryan's new PR with a delicious brunch. I really can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning!

You May Also Like

0 comments