Hot Chocolate 15K

by - Friday, December 02, 2011

Tomorrow morning I'm running the Hot Chocolate 15K!

hotchoc15K

It's my last race of 2011 and I'm hoping to end the race season on a high note.

I have no intention of running this race for time mainly because there are 20,000 people running it and the course is really narrow at parts. That means there's going to be a lot of bobbing and weaving to get around people.

The course also covers that gravely, narrow trail that I despised in my 5K last year, which makes me a little nervous with lots of people.

I hope the organizers are on top of their game because with that many people, parking, the race itself and the finish line areas all have the potential to turn into giant clusters.

If there's massive backup in the finisher's chute that delays me from getting my chocolate, I will be one sad girl.

hotchoc

The chocolate at the finish line was seriously reason #2 I signed up for this race.

hotchoc2

Reason #1 was the sweet jacket you get.

hotchoc3
I love race swag!

Other than being mildly concerned with the logistics with that many people, I think this race is going to be a great time. I have tons and tons of friends who are running it, and many more who are coming out to spectate.

I'm looking forward to going out, having a great, fun run and eating lots of chocolate with all my friends.

I really can't think of a better way to wrap up race season than with some yummy chocolate at the finish line!

All pictures are screen grabs from the Hot Chocolate 15K site.

You May Also Like

0 comments