Ch-ch-changes

by - Tuesday, December 06, 2011

If you're not in Google Reader, you might have noticed a few changes to the blog today.

BlogHer
The first, and probably biggest, change you'll notice is that there is a now an ad in the sidebar. After attending the BlogHer conference for the past two years, loving every minute of it and learning a ton, I decided to join their network.

As a member of their network, I had option to put an ad on my site. I debated for a long time whether or not to do it.

I mean I've been blogging for more than five and a half years and I've never had advertising. But I liked the control BlogHer gives bloggers about what kind of ads they want to run on their sites. So I decided to give it a try. (Plus it will be nice to make a little bit of money for the time I spend on my blog, maybe I'll be over to cover a few race entry fees here and there.)

If it ends up being an epic failure, I'll re-evaluate.

I wanted to make it really clear that just because I now have an ad on my site, doesn't mean my overall content will change. You can still expect to hear about my training, my workouts, and random fun things happening in my life.

If you have questions or concerns about the ads, shoot me an email or let me know in the comments.

FitFluential
I also recently became part of the FitFluential Ambassador team.

If you haven't heard about FitFluential, it's a company started by the wonderful Kelly Olexa to connect health and fitness enthusiasts with brands that support living a healthy life. The idea is that by bringing together people who are passionate about health and fitness, we can create and spread lots of fitness motivation and influence (hence the name FitFluential).

If you write a blog, vlog, or just love fitness and you're interested in joining the FitFluential team, you can learn more about us and apply!

Social Media
As for the other changes, I freshened up my social media icons and grouped email in with them. If you're looking to sign up to get email updates, just hit the little envelope icon under "Stay in Touch." You can still find links to the RSS feed, and my Facebook and Twitter pages in the same place as before.

Whooo sorry for the long post. I know that was a lot of changes, but I just wanted to share them all with you. And seriously, if you have questions about anything (ads, FitFluential, my decision to join either team), I'm happy to answer!

You May Also Like

0 comments