Rainy Thursday Means No Run

by - Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Thursday! We're just one day away from the weekend and after a busy, busy week I could use some time to relax.

I've got a lot swimming around in my head today, so I'll give it to your bullet-style for Three Things Thursday.

  1. I bailed on my run this morning. It was rainy and gross out and I wasn't in the mood for running in soggy socks. I toyed with the idea of running on the treadmill instead, but the run was supposed to be an easy, recovery run, and I struggle with my form when I run at slow speeds on the treadmill. Since my hip was a little tight this morning anyway, I didn't want to mess with it. I can always make up my recovery run tomorrow.

  2. Rain does really bad things to my hair, like make it a giant puffy frizzball. It's not a good look. Days like this make me seriously consider keeping a hair straightener in my desk drawer so I can fix it before any else gets in the office to see it.

  3. Lately my car has been getting terrible gas mileage. Like horribly pathetic. I realized last night it's because I'm a bit overdue for an oil change. I'll be taking care of that ASAP because with gas prices the way they are, I can't afford to have bad gas mileage. It's funny though just last month, I was watching my mileage like a hawk because I knew I was almost at the point where I needed an oil change, then for some reason, I just forget to keep paying attention. My car probably hates me.

Anyone have fun weekend plans? I've got a long run on the schedule, but other than that my weekend is blissfully unplanned.

You May Also Like

0 comments