Personal Training Session Two Review

by - Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Last night was my first workout session with my personal trainer and it's safe to say he kicked my butt.

We focused heavily on legs and abs, and when I woke up this morning my butt could feel every single squat and lunge I did.

Getting in and out of chairs is not going to be a fun task today, but I'm sure I'll survive.

My trainer asked me to get to the gym about 30 minutes before our session so I could get in a good warm up. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical before we even got to work.

The training session itself was set up in a circuit fashion. I did several different exercises in a row until I was fatigued. For the lower body, I did tons and tons of squats and lunges.

For abs, I did weighted crunches on a Bosu ball, and then got to play around a bit with the gym's suspension system.

I'm not even sure I can explain how this worked so I'm going to try illustrate.

I started by putting my feet through the loops like the guy below:


And then I had my arms balancing on a Bosu ball kind of like this lady below:


Then I had to pull my knees in to my chest and extend them back out to a straight position, all while balancing on the ball and the TRX straps.

So this is what I looked like when I was out in full plank:


I could only get through about five or six of these before I was just dead.

We wrapped the session up with some stretching, which might have been my favorite part. I love when other people stretch me, it feels so much better than any stretching I do on my own.

Overall, it was an awesome session and I'm really looking forward to next week's.

You May Also Like

0 comments