Food, Friends and Running

by - Monday, March 14, 2011

After this weekend's long run, it's funny to think I was ever scared of running with other people because of my speed.

I met up with my coworker and some of his friends Saturday morning for another great run. We split into two groups and I hung with the group that was going 8 miles.

It was very similar to last week. Chris and his friend Peter pushed me to go a little faster than normal, but for the most part I didn't die.

I did get a little bit of razzing though when I let the guys pull ahead a bit as I tried to sneak in two quick walk breaks on two of the bigger hills on the course.

They may have both turned around and started running backwards and told me to pick it up.

At the time I didn't love it, but I'm glad they did it. I needed it.

In total, we did 8.3 miles with an average pace of 9:22.

Then came the best part: the food.

One of Chris' friends made delicious bread in his bread maker. Another brought Amish friendship bread (with chocolate chips!) and a third brought pretzels from the Amish market.

We ate and talked about running and travel and vacations, and I may have convinced two more people to run the Frederick Half in May.

All in all it was a fabulous way to spend a Saturday morning: a great run, good food and new friends.

You May Also Like

0 comments