Three Things Thursday

by - Thursday, December 09, 2010

Welcome to another addition of Three Things Thursday!

1. Last night I finally mustered some motivation to get my butt to the gym. I was expecting to take a yoga class, but it turns out I read the schedule wrong and I showed up for the circuit training class. It wasn't a bad mistake though. The circuit training class was pretty awesome and I can feel some soreness in my butt this morning after all the squats and lunges from last night. It's obviously been way too long since I've done any form of strength training. I might become a regular at this class while I have my two-month pass.

2. The yoga class I thought was last night is actually tonight, so my plan is to head over and give it a try. It's a 90-minute class and I've never taken a yoga class longer than 60 minutes, so that will be different. It's a Hatha-style class, something I've also never taken (I usually do flow-style classes) so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm hoping I get a good stretch!

3. This is my last day in the office this week. Now that we're in the new building, we've been given two telework days per week. Mine are Wednesdays and Fridays. I'm thinking this new schedule could do some great things for my future training, especially in the winter months. Those are two days when I'll be able to run during daylight hours when it hopefully won't be so bitter cold. Plus I'll be exposed to more sunlight, which will hopefully keep my nasty case of the winter blues at bay. I'm stilling settling into my new schedule and didn't actually run outside yesterday, but I think those two days at home open a bunch of doors to great training possibilities.

You May Also Like

0 comments