Mini-goal for December

by - Monday, December 13, 2010

I've been enjoying my time mixing things up and trying different classes at the gym. It's been a nice mental break from running, plus I think my legs are happy to get a break too.

To help keep me a little extra motivated, I decided to set a mini-goal for myself.

For the remainder of the month, my goal is to get to at least three classes each week at the gym.

Last week I discovered a great circuit training class on Wednesday and a really awesome yoga class on Thursday, so I think I'm going to be a regular at those until my gym pass expires. To get my third class in, I have a choice of a great spin class on Tuesday night or some interesting sounding classes on Monday night.

And maybe one of these days I'll get myself into a Zumba class. Zumba is a dance-based class that pulls from salsa, hip hop and many other styles of dance. I took Zumba once back in college and while it's definitely a lot of fun, I always feel like I'm making a fool out of myself because I can't exactly follow along.

As much as I'm enjoying my little break from running, I know it's about time to get back into it. With the New Orleans half marathon in February, I know I need to start putting together a training plan soon. I'm hoping I'll be more inspired to cross train during this training cycle since I'll have access to great classes at the gym.

I hope to design my plan sometime this week, so I can jump right into it next week. I'll share it once it's finalized!

You May Also Like

0 comments