What's Next?

by - Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Philadelphia Marathon was the last race on my calendar for the year. So with no race in my immediate future, I'm trying to figure out what's next.

[22.365] sphere-itize me, captain(Source)

Since my legs are still pretty sore, this week I'm focusing on walking and lots of yoga to loosen things up.

Once my legs are recovered, my plan is to take the time between now and Christmas to focus on cross-training. A few weeks ago, I purchased a $20 pass to a local gym that gives me access to 20 fitness classes. It was a special deal they were offering and I thought it would be a great, low-cost way to get back into spinning, yoga and strength training.

Ideally, I'd like to make it to the gym two or three times each week and then alternate running on my non-gym days.

I'm running the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans in February so I can't let my running slide completely, but it will be nice to change focus for a few weeks.

Do you like to change focus after a big race or do you jump right back into running?

You May Also Like

0 comments