Humidity = running fail

by - Thursday, July 08, 2010

This weather needs to break immediately. Seriously, real feel temps of 90 degrees at 5 a.m. are destroying my runs.

This morning's run was supposed to be 3 miles at pace. Epic failure.

Mile 1: 8:56. Rock on, this humidity can't get me down!
Mile 2: 9:20 Ugh these hills are evil.
Mile 3: 9:42 Oh yes this heat can, in fact, get me down and force me to take many walk breaks. Also, hills are evil.

Is the opposite of negative splits positive splits? Because if it is, man did I rock those positive splits this morning.

Hot summer running turns me into a crazy weather stalker. Seriously the number of times I check the Accuweather website for updates on when this heat wave might break is a little bit ridiculous.

It looks like we're supposed to get a little break this weekend, with highs only in the very high 80s. Still humid though.

For the next three weeks that Accuweather has data it doesn't look to be any better. Mid to high 90s all month long.

Guess I better just get used to the idea of a hot and muggy summer. Time to buckle down and get it done.

You May Also Like

0 comments