Motivation Monday

by - Monday, April 19, 2010

My biggest challenge when it comes to running is finding the motivation to get out the door. Once I'm outside, the actual running part is easy.

Take this weekend's 11-miler. I set my alarm for 7 a.m., but was way too tired to get up when it went rang. So I shut it off and caught an extra hour of sleep.

I knew I needed to get my run in with a half marathon in just two weeks, so when I woke up an hour later, I took a long hard look at my wall of motivation.


The giant bulletin board was a Christmas present from the BF. He hung it on the wall directly across from my bed and then decorated it with all my race bibs, medals and finisher's certificates. Every morning when I wake up, it's the first thing I see.

There's something about seeing all my race memories on display that gives me that extra kick in the pants I need to get my butt moving.

In the end my 11 miler kicked booty. I average 9:54 per mile and tackled some huge hills. It was a great run, I just wish I would have brought some water with me.

What motivates you?

Good luck to everyone who is running Boston today! Sending vibes for strong legs your way!

Don't forget you only have two more days to enter my blogiversary contest! I'll announce the winner on Wednesday!

You May Also Like

0 comments