No More Trouble Zones Review

by - Thursday, December 03, 2009

When I was Black Friday shopping, I picked up Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones DVD from Target. I was hoping to find a good alternative to the 30 Day Shred when I wanted to mix things up.

I popped the DVD in last night not knowing what to expect other than a circuit-style workout Jillian is famous for.

Unlike the 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones is 40 minutes of circuits sandwiched by a five minute warm up and cool down. If you're in a time crunch, the DVD lets you pick certain circuits to do individually. Each circuit is about five minutes and combines at least two or three muscle groups.

Things started off about how I'd expect. The warm up included some things that I was familiar with from the Shred, and then boom it was time for the real meat of the workout.

I had expected the circuits to include some intense cardio bursts similar to what the Shred offers, but that's not how No More Trouble Zones is set up. Instead NMTZ is made up of a bunch of intense strength circuits. I liked the focus on solid strengthening moves, but I really missed the cardio. I kept hoping I'd have Jillian yelling at me to jump rope or do some jumping jacks or something.

Despite missing the cardio, No More Troubles Zones is still intense. By the end I was modifying planks like crazy and my shoulders were on fire. This morning I'm really feeling some of the leg work in my hamstrings.

While I definitely like the Shred better, NMTZ will definitely have its place in my workout rotation, especially in the "off-season" when I tend to focus more on building strength.

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. I've heard that it is a great DVD. I need to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like that DVD then because I actually sometimes found that I didn't like all the cardio in the Shred. It was fine for a day when I was ONLY doing the Shred, but most of the time I would go running and then do the shred for my strength workout but it was more like extra cardio then just strrength.

    I will have to try the No Trouble Zones DVD out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did pieces of this on Fit Tv and definitely liked the shred better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm maybe I'll check it out. I liked the Shred a lot but got bored with it over time... this might be fun to pop in once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. strength is good cross training for the normal cardio :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like this may be the selection on the days when you aren't quite feeling up to the full-on jillian beatdown :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As if I didn't fear you enough for running marathons.... now you're a marathoner who does Black Friday shopping! Do you ever sleep? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:55 PM

    Good blog you've got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing
    like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate people like you!

    Take care!!

    My weblog :: Order Garcinia Cambogia 1300 (www.msusa.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:17 PM

    prada tote bag
    Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing
    this post and the rest of the site is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:16 PM

    I used to be able to find good advice from your blog articles.


    Also visit my blog :: homepage

    ReplyDelete