Weekend at home with the fam

by - Monday, June 22, 2009

I headed out of town this weekend to spend some QT at home with the fam. for Father's Day. I had good intentions of getting my long run in on Saturday morning, but a combination of late arrival the night before and sucktastic pouring rain all weekend kind of killed those plans.

So instead, the BF and I went bowling with my parents and we had a blast. Seriously, I love me a good game of bowling.

I did get a nice four miler in last Thursday though. We finally got a break in the rain and while it was ridiculously humid I managed to slog through the miles. After mile 2.5ish there was some major run-walking going on. The hills were killing me. They were fairly slow miles, but hey at least it was something outside after all the rain!

BF's training has been slightly derailed by a nagging knee soreness. So after taking some time off he's trying to get back on board with his training too. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping with the rain gone and his knee back in shape this will be a better training week for the both of us!

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. BF's knee thing sounds like it's not much fun to deal with. I'm paranoid about knees now, though. Good job on your 4! the humidity is killing us down here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that BF is experiencing knee pain; hopefully, a little rest is all he needs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've rounded a corner now (I hope we all have with this rain and it's finally gone for a while) and you and the BF will be back out running soon.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Here is to a better week of training and better weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all training plans should have "bowling" as an alternate for a long run once in a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The humidy can take a lot out of us! Way to get slog through it!

    I hope the knee is treating the BF a little better this week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the BF's knee and the weather will take a turn for the better...all this rain needs to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I coudln't tell you the last time I went bowling. What a great idea. Good luck with teh knee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey at least you went bowling! That can be a good workout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for running in Coopersburg...haha. Any good places to run in that town?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i felt the same - at least i was out there slowly running along, instead of stuck inside due to rain. glad you were able to get a little running in, and hopefully the weather will be more cooperative this week! hope bf's knee gets better so you two can get back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep on keepin' on. It will all fall back into place. And there's nothing like a little break for some QT with the fam. :)

    ReplyDelete