AHHH Public Transportation

by - Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ok, I'll be the first to say that I don't mind taking the Metro to work in the morning. I can sit back and read my book and get to work in about 30 minutes. It's not such a bad deal.

Except when things go wrong. And when things go wrong on the Metro, they really go wrong.

Like this morning for example. My Metro station is the second to the last one on one of the lines. And of course there was a power outage at a station closer to the center on the same line. The Metro runs on electricity so clearly there was no service through that station, which meant I couldn't take the Metro to work.

So I had to get on a shuttle bus for a half hour to another station on different line and then ride that line for another 15 minutes before I finally got to work. Now granted it didn't add that much time to my commute, but it was just a headache. And it made me late for work. Because of course the shuttle wasn't magically at the Metro station when I found out it was broken.

But really I'm at work now so it's fine. It's the getting home part I'm worried about because I have to be at the gym to teach my classes tonight by 4:45, which doesn't leave me a ton of wiggle room. And I don't know how the shuttles are running or what exactly is going on with any of that. So I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping the problem is resolved this afternoon. It happened at 7 this morning, I get to the Metro station at nine and when I got to work at 10:15 the Metro website said it was still having problems.

Sorry about the rant, I just needed to get it all out because it's making me frustrated and stressed out that I might be late for work tonight. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Boot Camp, Kickboxing and Abs tonight. (If I make it back in time!!!)

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. that stinks. i'm sure you'll make it to work on time. hopefully, everything will be up and running fine. sounds like you have quite a busy night teaching those classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh that is frustrating! I hope you get to work on time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make it? I'm a small town girl so I've never really experienced public transportation. Way to go on your run yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete