by - Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I have been sick. So so sick. I finally got medicine from the doctor on Monday, but all weekend I couldn't get out of bed. I had a 103 degree fever. I was achy with a headache and sore throat and just plain miserable.

So apparently marathons do a number to your immune system. I hadn't even thought about it, but I guess it makes sense. And my roommate's been sick and I guess I just picked up a more serious version of her disease. I should have taken vitamin C or something after the race. Or I should have just remembered to take my Flintstones vitamins consistently, but I like never ever remember.

And as a result, I got wicked sick. I had to leave our homecoming football game early on Saturday because I got yucky. And of course that means I haven't been able to run either, which is killing me. The extent of workouts that I've gotten in since the marathon have consisted of one abs workout and one yoga workout because I had to teach them at the gym. Otherwise, nothing. And it's making me stir crazy.

But I can't even manage to eat solid foods very well yet. It hurts my throat too much to swallow. So I've been living off a steady diet of chicken noodle soup and applesauce. One of my roommates works at Smoothie King and is hooking me up with a smoothie after her shift tonight. I'm quite looking forward to it.

I'm really hoping I can kick the sickies soon....it's HALLOWEEN!!! this weekend and so much going on and I don't want to miss out because I'm still sick. AHHH it's so annoying!

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I got sick after the 20 miler and the marathon. It's so important to suck up all of the Airborne you can. Smoothies are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what sucks is that I'm already sick, I've got a cough that's been lingering around since last week, nothing serious. But maybe it means I won't get sick after my race?!

    Hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that the sickness at least held out till AFTER the race, but I'm sorry you're so afflicted. Hope it's on its way out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:53 AM

    I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete