by - Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Yesterday's run went well. I tackled this beastly hill that I've always wanted to try but was discouraged by the lack of ways to get back down (the only way is on a fairly busy road). But I thought what the heck, I'm going to give it a try and let's hope I don't get hit by a car.

It wasn't too bad until about .1 mile from the end of the road. You think it's starting to flatten out and then you get this nasty little kick up. The road is at least .3 miles, it might be more, but I forgot to clock it in the car on my way to work this morning. Glad I did that part in the beginning of the run.

The humidity was intense. That has to be the worst part of summer running.

Had my massage today. I can't say it felt good while it was happening, but everything feels much looser now. I had no idea my legs were so tight. My left leg was what had been tight and bothering me most, but I almost screamed when she started on my right IT band. Holy crap that was some pain. My right quad is a little bruised now, but she warned me that it probably would be.

I might start doing the massages occassionally now. My massage therapist said I had a lot of lactic acid build-up. Never a good thing for a runner. Massages help flush all that crap out. So, we'll see.

If anyone is in the mood for a good laugh, I highly recommend checking out the most recent post in Running in Place: Possession is Theft.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ah...massages are wonderful. I am WAY overdue for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, you've got me considering massage all of a sudden. Maybe it would help me stave off my next injury just a little longer.

    And great job owning that hill!

    ReplyDelete