Happy Friday friends! We've just about made it through another week! I have a fun-filled weekend planned and I can't wait to kick it off!
1. The weather is going to be amazing! I don't know about where you live, but we're getting a taste of hot summer weather this weekend, and after some dreary gloomy days I'm planning to do everything I can to take advantage of it by spending as much time outside as possible.
2. The Around the World Embassy Tour is tomorrow in DC. This is one of those events I've wanted to do just about every year since I've lived here, but never had a chance. Basically 40+ embassies open their doors to the public and put on a great showcase of the culture of their country. I'm excited to eat yummy food and learn something new about a ton of countries. I will also have to remember to wear my patience hat. Most of the embassies will probably be packed with people.
3. Cinco de Mayo and Derby Day all in one? Need I say more.
4. My open water and transitions clinic is bright and early Sunday morning. After last week's open water swimming adventure, I'm looking forward to picking up some tips and practicing techniques that will help me have a successful swim. I'm also really excited to learn more about how to set up a transition area because right now, that's all still a mystery to me.
5. Downtime on Sunday afternoon. Next week is jammed packed with training, work meetings, a day trip to NYC and of course my triathlon. I actually don't know how I'm going to make it to next Friday, so I'm looking forward to spending Sunday afternoon relaxing on my back porch doing a whole lot of nothing, but soaking up the sun and relaxing.
And of course, I couldn't end this post without announcing the winner of the Technogel pillow giveaway.
Congrats to Faith from For the Health of It! Shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll get you set up with your new pillow!
I also want to wish a friend of mine from college lots of luck as she enters her first figure competition this weekend. She's busted her butt for months now and I think she's going to kick butt! She's chronicled her progress on her blog, so check it out if you're curious!
And of course good luck to everyone I know running the Frederick half this weekend or just racing in general! Hope the warm temperatures don't get to you too much!
Here's to the weekend! Do you have anything fun planned?