Endorphins Are the Best!

by - Thursday, May 24, 2012

Guys, I am in an awesomely, freakin' fantastic mood this morning.

Even though it was hot and disgustingly humid on my run, I was so excited to be up and running in the morning again. I love early morning workouts more than anything, but I really struggle in the winter to drag my butt out of bed when it's cold and miserable out. So in the winter, I tend to favor evening workouts.

But it's practically summer and that means morning workouts are back and I am pumped! (What 4:30 a.m. wake-up calls don't sound fun to you?)

DSC05953
Early morning running in San Diego last summer
I was so tan!

I knocked out just under 4 miles this morning per my training plan, and boy am I feeling the endorphins.

I was in such a good mood that when I got back home, I might have held a private dance party in my dining room while I was chugging water. Sorry I did not capture this in pictures for you, instead I will leave you with this picture of me and my friends dancing to the Cupid Shuffle in college. My dance moves are just as awesome now as they were back then!

168_547798939428_5700366_37039524_9931_n

The good times continued on my commute. First, a train was literally pulling into the station as I got there, so I was able to get right on and get to work early. And second, my iPod was cranking some amazing country tunes.

And of course, I have softball to look forward to tonight and then a nice long Memorial Day weekend, that I plan to make as epic as possible with some awesome workouts, a day at the beach and other summer fun!

DSC05786
Me and Jon at softball

Is there anyway I could just get a shot of endorphins every morning as soon as I wake up? Because I'm pretty sure life would be a million times more awesome if I could always be on this kind of epic runner's high.

You May Also Like

0 comments