I'm running a half marathon tomorrow and I totally wasn't planning on it.
It's another one of those races where a friend hooked me up with a free entry, and it's not like I can turn down a free race entry.
So tomorrow I'll be getting up bright and early to take a day trip to Maryland's Eastern Shore to run the Dorchester Crab Run.
I'm not planning to "race" this race, just run it for fun.
I think it's going to be a lot of fun since
1. It's on the Eastern Shore and the Eastern Shore is kind of cute.
2. It's the same course as the Eagleman 70.3 race, which my friend wants to do next year.
3. It's a really, really low key event and fairly small race, which I love.
4. They offer day-of-the-race packet pickup!
5. I love races with a crab theme. It tends to mean cute shirts and medals. (Like the Baltimore marathon.)
6. The weather is supposed to be amazing! Mid-50's at the start creeping into the low-60's by the finish.
The only thing I'm not totally looking forward to is the 2-hour drive there and back. My plan is to hijack the radio in my friend's car and blast country music while singing at the top of my lungs to make the ride super enjoyable for both of us. Or at least on the ride home. I think I will maybe nap on the ride out there.
Anyway, I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning than with a little 13.1 mile fun run in perfectly gorgeous weather.
What are you weekend workout plans?