What I Watch When I'm Sick

by - Monday, January 30, 2012

Being sick is sucky, there's no doubt about that. Being sick over a weekend in January when it's in the high 50's and sunny is doubly sucky.

Just when I thought I was getting over feeling crappy, something reared it's head this weekend and I got to spend a beautiful weekend in bed in my PJs.

Thanks goodness for Netflix and Hulu, I don't think I could have survived without them.

Here's a look at what I watched the amuse myself this weekend:

Say Yes to The Dress

tv1

Normally, I'm a huge sucker for this show, but this weekend I was only able to stomach a few episodes. Turns out, after watching many, many seasons of this show it starts to get repetitive.

Morning Glory

tv2

A cute movie where Rachel McAdams is hired to revive a failing morning news program. Also starring Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford. This movie is one part chick flick, one part save dying journalism. Given my journalism roots, it's safe to say I really enjoyed this.

Smash

tv3

Smash is a new show premiering the week after the Super Bowl, but Hulu is streaming the pilot episode so I thought I'd check it out. The show centers around getting a new musical opened on Broadway -- finding actresses, directors, someone to financially back the show. There's lots of singing and dancing, but it's way more grown up than Glee. I was a theater nerd in high school, so I think I'm really going to love this show.

Alcatraz

tv4

Give me JJ Abrams and former stars from Lost and well, I have to at least check it out. Alcatraz takes place in the present day, with several flashbacks to when the prison closed in 1963. The main story is that the 302 prisoners who were in the prison when it closed vanished. But now they are showing up in the present day, without having aged a bit, and committing the same crimes that got them sent to Alcatraz in the first place. This show is full of time travel, super secret government "investigators" and other weird mysteries you expect from JJ Abrams. I watched all three episodes that have aired and so far I'm liking it. It was a little more police drama than I expected, but the weird time travel mysteries intrigued me enough that I'll keep watching for a while. Plus Hurley's in it....and by Hurley, I mean the guy who played him in Lost.

I'm still not feeling stellar today, but seriously, I've got to be on the tail end of this cold/sinuses mess at this point. I don't think I can take much more without going nuts.

You May Also Like

0 comments