These Shoes Are Made For Walking

by - Thursday, December 29, 2011

One of the things I love about living in Washington D.C. is that I can walk almost every where I need to go.

But all the walking around I do kind of limits my footwear options.

When I'm walking blocks and blocks to get places, I'd much rather be in comfortable shoes that don't destroy my feet, knees, hips, etc. Usually that means I'll be walking around in a pair of old running shoes.

Hardly the most stylish thing ever.

So when reps from Teva and Ahnu reached out to me and offered to send me some more stylish (but still comfortable) commuting shoes, I was happy to take them up on it.

I picked three different styles to try out that all served different purposes.

These hot pink shoes from Teva were my "fun shoes."

fun shoe

They were bright and bold and just a little bit out there. But man were they comfortable.

These black shoes from Ahnu were perfect for wearing during my regular work commute.

work shoe

They were less noticeable than my running shoes under my black work pants, and they let me carry my "office-appropriate" shoes in my purse until I got to work.

These grey shoes from Ahnu were my more practical "Sunday errand" shoes.

errand shoe

I wore them when I had to lug groceries home from the store or haul veggies home from the farmer's market. They were great for wearing out and about as I knocked errands off my list. I appreciated the extra support they had (at least compared to my beat up running shoes).

I was a big fan of all three pairs and was glad to have something other than running shoes to wear when running around town.

You May Also Like

0 comments