Out Of Shape

by - Friday, December 16, 2011

Remember two weeks ago when I could run 9.3 miles without a problem?

It is absolutely amazing how fast running fitness disappears.

That was my last race of the season and I promised myself some time away from running to focus on other things and to give myself a mental break.

In less than two weeks, my running fitness has evaporated.

I went out for a run last night and I was sucking wind after 3 miles. I felt like I was pushing so hard, but every time I looked at my Garmin I'd see I was running approximately a 10:30 pace.

I felt so out of shape and like a major slacker.

Then I remembered it's the off-season, time off is good, and it's really nothing to be upset about. Sure fitness levels disappear fast, but they can come back just as easily with a little bit of work.

You May Also Like

0 comments