Monday, October 10, 2011

Terps Away Weekends

During football season, my Saturdays are spent in College Park tailgating and watching the Terps games, and my Sundays are spent either at home or at a bar watching the Eagles. (It's been a lot of watching at home lately, I'm too embarrassed to wear my Eagles jersey in public.)

Football is pretty much my built in social calendar all fall.

So what do I do when the Terps are away and there's no tailgate?

The answer: Do all the things I love to do that I don't normally have time for.

Since the Terps were on the road this Saturday, I was able to sleep in a little bit, then leisurely get up and do my long run.

It's been ages since I've done a long run on a Saturday, and I enjoyed taking my time and not feeling rushed.

When I got home, I headed to the farmer's market. I've been dying for some fresh honeycrisp apples - the ones in the grocery store just aren't cutting it - but since the farmer's market is on Saturdays, I usually miss it.

I spent some time roaming around the stalls before hitting up my favorite farm for a haul of apples and apple butter.

The other things I like to do when the Terps are away is catch up with my non-football loving friends. (aka the friends I don't see every weekend at tailgates.)

Saturday I had plans to head downtown to meet up with some friends who were in D.C. to go to the Caps game and then later at night, I went to hang out with my best friend.

Though it was a pretty awesome weekend, full of lots of good times with great friends, I'm glad the Terps are in town this coming weekend. It just doesn't seem like a complete weekend without a tailgate and football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.