I'm a little bit behind on the blogging front today. I needed all the extra sleep I could get after not getting to sleep until close to 2 a.m. last night.
But it was so worth it to be in College Park to watch Maryland beat Miami in the home opener on ESPN!
Despite the torrential downpours last night's game and tailgate were one of my favorites ever.
1. A tight game, in less than ideal conditions, ending in a Terps W. I could do a full analysis on what we need definite work on (red zone offense anyone?) but I won't bore you with that.
2. Our new uniforms. They are bad ass. The flag helmet's are sick.
3. First tailgate of the season with some of my favorite people in the world. It was so good to have everyone back together for the first time in months.
4. The pouring rain. Somehow the torrential downpour added something to the atmosphere. Sure I ended up looking like a drowned rat after the game, but it was so worth it.
5. The feeling in the air. There is nothing like being back on campus for the first game of the season, seeing everyone decked out in their red and black. The grills are running, the flags are flying and the fight song is playing. It brings back a sense of nostalgia and intense Maryland pride. Walking into Byrd Stadium last night was a feeling unlike any other. Seeing the crowds, the band and Testudo running around on the field, it felt like I had never left.
But more importantly, it felt like being home.
I'm so fired up for the rest of the season. In closing I will leave you with this song.
Fear the Turtle.