Hi, I'm Jess

by - Friday, August 05, 2011

Hi to everyone who is stopping by this weekend because you've met me at BlogHer!

Welcome, welcome! It's nice to have you here. Let me take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm Jess.

Maryland

I love to run and I love to write about all things health and fitness related.

I live in Maryland and work in Washington D.C., an area that makes for some great running.

Yoga at Lincoln
Where else can you take a yoga break on a monument?

On the Mall

In my day job, I work for USA.gov managing our blog and working on social media.

When I'm not working, I love to train for races. The half marathon is my favorite. I've run 10 of them and I've also run two full marathons.

Philly marathon

Other fun facts about me:

  • I'm a pretty middle of the pack runner. I dream of being able to run wicked fast like my friends.
  • I'm a huge sports fan and still get back to the University of Maryland fairly often to watch my Terps play football and soccer.
  • I'm originally from PA (suburbs of Allentown, north of Philly) and sometimes I really miss it.
  • I recently started playing rec league softball and I'll be starting flag football in the fall. (Who says team sports are just for kids?)
  • I love to eat (especially fro-yo and anything Mexican)

I'm a big believer in everything in moderation, whether that's working out, eating, or having fun. Work hard, play hard and get enough sleep to balance it all out.

If you like the sound of all that, I'd love to stay connected:
If it's your first time stopping by, leave me a comment so I can say hi!

You May Also Like

0 comments