Fit Approach Bootcamp

by - Thursday, August 11, 2011

When I was at BlogHer I took one of the best bootcamp classes I've ever taken. I have never laughed and smiled so much while seriously getting my butt kicked.

Jamie, a co-founder of Fit Approach, taught the class. Jamie and her cousin Alyse launched Fit Approach back in June. Aside from teaching fun and intense bootcamp classes, they developed an online community to support people's health and fitness goals.

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3698


Jamie is one of the cutest, bubbliest people I have ever met, but boy did she know how to kick my butt.

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3779


When I got to the park early Saturday morning, the Fit Approach team was busy laying out weights, medicine balls and resistance bands.

The class started off with an easy warm up jog around the basketball courts and for the remainder of the hour it was a straight butt kicking.

Jaime had us moving from station to station mixing cardio and strength exercises.

We did squats and bicep curls with these hand weights. Because they're ball shaped they are harder to grip and make the exercise much more challenging.

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3294

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3151

We also did push ups and lunges,

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3595

burpes and the way more challenging partner burpes where instead of just jumping straight in the air, you jumped over your partner,

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3349


and inch worms.

To do an inch worm, you bend over and touch your toes.

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3567

Then walk your hands out until your in a plank and do a push up.

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3561

Then walk your feet back into your hands and repeat. It may sound easy, but it's actually super intense.

Oh and planks. Lots and lots of planks.

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3702

By the end of the class I was wiped out.

JM_20110804_BlogHer_San_Diego_3729

This was my first time ever taking an outdoor bootcamp class, and I really loved it. Being outside was fun, and the atmosphere reminded me more of recess than of a workout.

Jamie and Alyse kept the class lively and fun and almost made me forget how much pain I was in. I only wish I could fly them out to the East Coast so they could kick my butt on a more regular basis.

After the class, I got to spend some time hanging out with both Alyse and Jamie and I can't say enough good things about these ladies. They are sweet down to earth people and the more I learned about their Fit Approach the more I wanted to see them succeed. If you're in the Bay area, I highly encourage you to take a class with Fit Approach, and if not, definitely check out their blog and get to know them a little bit better.

And a huge thank you to Ellis Au of Signal Element Productions for the fantastic pictures in this post.

You May Also Like

0 comments