Cue the Quarter Life Crisis

by - Monday, August 29, 2011

This weekend was a strangely emotional one for me.

I guess turning 25 will do that to a girl.

Originally I had all these fantastic plans for an epic birthday weekend that included a baseball game, a soccer game, a bar crawl in my favorite city and a Sunday afternoon birthday tailgate followed by another soccer game. Ringing in my 25th was going to be a weekend long event of awesomeness, celebrated with all my favorite people.

Then Irene happened. And all my amazing birthday plans went straight to hell.

Irene

Cue massive quarter life crisis breakdown.

Yes friends, I spent Friday and Saturday having a meltdown about turning 25. Between crying over sappy Netflix movies while being trapped inside and sending some seriously pathetic text messages to friends, it was a rough couple of days.

But then Sunday rolled around. And the weather cleared up. And some last-minute plans were thrown together to salvage my birthday.

And I got to see all my favorite people:

Jess and Megan
Like Meganerd!

roommates
And my college roommates!

And do all my favorite things

Front porch chillin
like hang out with friends

cornhole
and play cornhole!

And just like that, my feelings about turning 25 completely changed.

I've always been a big believer that age is just a number. It doesn't define who we are or what we're capable of, and I'm a little disappointed that I let a silly hurricane change that perspective, even if it was only for a few days.

By the end of the day yesterday, my quarter life crisis was gone. Instead of being sad about being another year older, I'm excited about all the possibilities a new year holds.

You May Also Like

0 comments