BlogHer in Pictures

by - Monday, August 08, 2011

I can't believe BlogHer has come and gone already. I've spent the bulk of the summer looking forward  to San Diego for this conference and I feel like I blinked and all of a sudden it's over. The only thing reminding me that yesterday I was on the West Coast is the serious case of jet lag I'm battling right now.

Here's just a glimpse at some of the awesome things I got to do at the conference.

Ran the BlogHer 5K with some of my favorite bloggers: BlogHer 5K
Me, Jenn and Shannon

BlogHer5k
Me and Roni, the fabulous Fitbloggin' founder

BlogHer 5K
Thanks to Kath and Lori for pushing me so hard. I managed to run some awesome negative splits (8:41 | 8:34 | 8:21)

Went to two swanky networking parties at the Hard Rock Hotel:
Hard Rock Hotel

Took a bootcamp class that kicked my butt. I'm still so sore.

Did yoga on the water.
Yoga

Explored the Gaslamp Quarter and ate some delicious Mexican food.
Gaslamp
Gaslamp up close

Ate Smores!
Eating smores
(Thanks Hershey!)

Hung out with my friends from Sesame Street.
Seasame Street

And these random construction workers at the Kudos booth.
Kudos workers

Seriously so many of the exhibitors hired male models just to stand in the booth and look nice. I guess that'll happen at an all women's conference. But truthfully I was so intimidated by the beautifulness of the models in the Pepsico booth, I didn't even stop by. True life, I'm awkward.

Met and chatted with Bob Harper.
Me and Bob
(He is awesome and gave me some good marathon training tips)

Drank a massive margarita courtesy of Ricki Lake.
DSC06001

Explored the aircraft carriers and military monuments along the waterfront.

Aircraft carriers
Cool sculpture
This sculpture was my favorite!

Oh yes, and learned a ton. (I mean that was the whole reason I was there.)

It was a whirlwind weekend and I had a wonderful time. This conference is seriously one of the best out there and I hope to attend again next year when it's back in NYC.

For now I'm off to battle jet lag, and get ready for a video interview we are doing this afternoon with White House chef Cristeta Comerford. I've never been inside the White House, needless to say, I'm pretty excited. Did I mention, I love my job? 

Happy Monday y'all!

You May Also Like

0 comments