Adding New Books to My Library

by - Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I love a good book, and my inner nerd always come out when I spend time in a bookstore.

This weekend I stopped into Borders to see if I could snag any good deals as part of their going-out-of-business sale.

I made a bee-line to the business section to see what I could find. I usually get most of my fiction books from the library, but I love owning business books for my personal library.

My bookshelf is currently packed with books on productivity, social media, marketing, etc.

Bookshelf
Yes, there's also some running books on there too.

I cut myself off at three books from Borders, but I'm happy with what I ended up with.

Books from borders

  • Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office by Lois P. Frankel: I've wanted to read this book for a long time and it was 50 percent off. I cannot wait to start reading this.
  • New Girl on the Job by Hannah Seligson: I know I'm a little bit beyond being the "new girl" on the job, but I still feel like there's a lot I could learn from this book. 
  • American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld: The one fiction book I picked up.

Other than fiction, business books are my favorite kind of reading. I always read them with a notebook and a pen close by so I can jot down the millions of ideas the books bring to mind.

I can't wait to see what little nuggets of inspiration these books impart. Now I just need to make the time to sit down and actually read them.

What's your favorite book genre? Have you picked up any good reads lately?

You May Also Like

0 comments