What I Think About When I Can't Sleep

by - Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Someone please tell me why I woke up at 2:30 wide awake the last two nights, but when my alarm went off at 6 a.m. I felt like I had been hit by a bus.

Maybe it's because I spent the hour from 2:30 to 3:30 trying to sort out all the million things that kept swimming around in my head and no matter what I just couldn't fall back to sleep.

Stress will do that to you I guess.

Curious what was keeping me up? Here's just a glimpse of my inner dialogue. Don't laugh too hard.

  • My work trip to San Diego is in a week! Wheee!! So excited, but so much to do to get ready!

  • Why do I have to fly to San Diego on Southwest? Flying stresses me out to the max in usual circumstances, but flying on an airline where I don't have a reserved seat and could potentially get stuck in a middle seat for a five and a half hour cross-country flight makes me hyperventilate a little bit. Don't panic, self, it's going to be fine. Deep breaths!

  • I didn't blog yesterday and I felt like there was a small void in my life. That's sad.

  • I'm the world's laziest person ever and I haven't worked out in like a week and now I feel like crap. The stupid heat just makes me so unmotivated and I can't stand the thought of another treadmill run. But if I would run, then I'd have something to blog about. Stop being such a lazy bum self!

  • I have so many fun plans scheduled for this week! I am so freakin' excited, but I'm seriously overbooked. Oops. So much for finding time to fit in a run.

  • Ugh doctor's appointment tomorrow. I really hope they don't need to draw blood.

  • Why does my credit card statement not reflect that fact that I paid the bill already like weeks ago? Why was customer service not at all helpful when I called in a tizzy? Yes, I know paying off the bill in full every month is good for my credit score, that's why I do it, but I just wanted to know if my payment went through.

  • Why do I talk so much in situations where I'm nervous?
And I'm sure there was much, much more.

You know what would probably help clear my head a bit? A good run. I really need to find the time to make that happen, even if it means sucking it up and using the treadmill. I also need to learn to get my inner dialogue under control.

When you're stressed to the max about a million different things, how do you handle it? I'd really love to be able to sleep through the night like a normal person again.

You May Also Like

0 comments