See I really can't stand coconut so I just assumed I wouldn't really like coconut water either.
But when the people at Zico reached out to me and asked if I'd be interested in trying coconut water and hosting a giveaway of the water for you guys, I decided to give it a try. (Don't say I never do anything for you.)
Like most coconut water, the Zico brand is packed with electrolytes, and as an added bonus, there are no artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives in the Zico coconut water.
After trying out several of the flavors, here's what I learned:
- Coconut water does not just taste like coconut-flavored water. It's much creamier, and that took me a while to get used to. I kept expecting it to taste like regular water with a hint of flavor, but there was more to it than that.
- I wasn't a huge fan of the unflavored natural coconut water. Mainly this goes back to the first point. I kept expecting it to be just like water with a hint of coconut flavor and it wasn't.
- I really enjoyed the flavored varieties, especially the Pomberry flavor.
- Coconut water is definitely best served ice cold. It makes for a deliciously cooling drink on a hot day.
Zico has kindly offered to provide one of my readers with some coconut water to try.
Here's how to enter for a chance to win:
1. Leave a comment answering the question, "What does being all-natural mean to you?" Lots of products use that claim. Some definitely are and some certainly aren't. I'm curious how you define it.
2. For a second entry visit Zico on Facebook and either like the page or leave a comment to pledge to the Naturally Powered campaign. For every pledge Zico will make a donation to the Challenged Athletes Foundation. For your second entry to count, you must leave a separate comment here letting me know.
Entries accepted until Sunday night. Contest open to U.S. residents. Yes, FTC, Zico sent me the product for free.