Spring Race Schedule

by - Wednesday, March 02, 2011

My wallet is feeling significantly lighter these days, but I've pretty much got my spring race schedule set.

Here's the list:

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler - April 3 - Washington, D.C.
This was a very last minute addition, but when Ashley needed someone to take her husband's bib and I saw my calendar was open that weekend, I offered to help out. I have several friends running this race and it's smack in the middle of half marathon training, so this is a race I'll just be doing for fun.

Frederick Half Marathon - May 7 - Frederick, Md.
This is the race I'm most looking forward to. I had a really great time running this race last year and I was able to set a PR, even though the heat and the hills got to me at the end of the race. I'm hoping to set a new PR this year if the weather is more favorable. I also have friends running this race. It will be Tracy's first half and my friend Ashleigh is looking to PR too. In fact, I might try to hang with Ashleigh to see if I can push myself to a new PR. That will be a game-time decision based on how well my training goes.

Baltimore 10 Miler - June 18 - Baltimore, Md.
My mom wanted to run this race and asked if I wanted to it too. I rarely pass up a chance to run the same race as my mom, so I registered yesterday. Plus, it's about time I circle around back to this race. I was registered for this three year's ago in its inaugural year, but that was the year I started experiencing all my knee problems and ended up in physical therapy for three months. I wasn't able to run the race, but went to cheer on friends and pick up my amazing race premium that I still wear even though I didn't run. I feel a little shady about that, so it's time that I run this race and earn the right to wear my super amazing fleece. This is another race I'll be running just for fun. It's a hilly course and June in Baltimore is hot! Plus my coworker is running too so this should be a fun time.

Is anyone running any of these races? If you are, I'd love to meet up and say "hi!" If not, what races are you running this spring?

You May Also Like

0 comments