Post-Race Recovery Time

by - Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One of the best parts about training for and completing a race is the rest time that comes afterward. The two weeks post race are some of my favorite because they are so laid back.

I don't feel like I have to do a certain number of runs per week.

I don't feel like I have to do much of anything but let my legs recover.

But after just a few days of rest, my legs and my mind are usually itching for a run.

That first run after a race tends to be so carefree. I don't have to run for a certain time or a certain distance. I don't have to kill myself to go a certain pace. I just run.

I'm currently in the start of my second week post race. So far I've run once and I'm perfectly OK with that. These two weeks are important for me to recharge my batteries and avoid burnout.

A new training cycle will kick off in early March, but until then, I'm firmly in recovery mode.

How long is your recovery period between training cycles? How do you avoid burnout in your training?

You May Also Like

0 comments