Happy Presidents' Day!

by - Monday, February 21, 2011

As an employee of Uncle Sam, I have today off, and while I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, I'm going to be spending today catching up on all sorts of errands.

Before I'm off to start my day, I just wanted to thank everyone for their input on which race I should do this spring. It sounds like a bunch of people are running the Frederick half marathon so I'm going to too. I haven't registered yet, but I will be the end of the week.

I'm still leaving the option open to run the Maryland half as well, but since it looks like the Maryland half doesn't have a price increase any time soon, I don't have to make an immediate decision on that one.

Thanks for helping me make a decision!

Update: Matt has asked that I update this post to let you know that he went for a short run with me this weekend. His office is running a pedometer challenge and he wanted to get some extra steps, so we went out for a short walk/run around the lake where he lives. There were wind gusts of 40 mph on Saturday that made for quite an experience. I don't think I've ever been so tired after a 2.5 mile run. At one point on a very wide open stretch of the path the wind was blowing so hard off the lake that Matt almost fell over and I got blown clear off the path and down the hill. It was kind of hilarious, trying to run forward, but not being able to control where I was going. We were laughing hysterically, but were quite happy when we made it back into the cover of the trees. The rest of the run/walk went much better.

I hope you have a happy Monday, whether or not you have the day off!

You May Also Like

0 comments