What Makes You Feel Accomplished?

by - Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do you ever have those days where mentally you are challenged all day long -- you tackle big projects at work, come home and work on other mentally challenging projects -- but still go to bed feeling like your day wasn't complete?

That was me yesterday.

Because of an ice storm I was cooped up in the house all day. During the day, I cranked on a bunch of my big work projects. I was super productive and got a lot done.

When I was done with work, I tackled a lot of blog projects, redesigned my Twitter, participated in an awesome #fitblog chat, read a book on productivity and eventually went to sleep.

I accomplished a lot.

But during the day I probably left my desk for a total of an hour tops. In an entire day! That's terrible! And I had zero physical activity, unless you count walking up and down the steps to get from my bedroom to the kitchen for food.

Instead of being proud of everything I accomplished during the day, I went to bed feeling lazy for not carving out some time for movement.

Days like yesterday serve as a reminder that no matter what I accomplish, it's my workouts that leave me feeling most satisfied at the end of the day. Getting things done is important, but not more important than my health and wellness.

Today, I'm going to make time for movement.

You May Also Like

0 comments