No Race Calendar

by - Thursday, January 20, 2011

We're already half way through January and I still haven't put together a race calendar. After the New Orleans half in February, my schedule is commitment free.

This is strange for me
. Usually by mid-December I know exactly which races I want to run the following year. I have them planned out, I'm registered for the spring ones and I'm dreaming of putting together training plans.

But this year, I'm just not feeling it.

Yes, I want to race, but there just aren't any races that are capturing my attention and begging me to sign up like in previous years.

In addition, I've really been enjoying my enhanced focus on cross-training and just taking things one day at a time. While this doesn't bode well for a great race in New Orleans, it's just what I've needed mentally and physically lately.

So for once, I'm not sure what my plan is.


Maybe I'll wait until March, when we're through the worst of winter and reassess the race situation then. I'm hoping the nicer weather and longer days will rekindle my burning desire to be racing all the time.

In the meantime, I'm still keeping my eye out for fun races that might catch my interest. If you know of any good ones, feel free to share.

You May Also Like

0 comments