Cast a Vote to Help Organic Farmers

by - Friday, January 07, 2011

This past year, as part of my Cooking Challenge, I started paying much more attention to where my food was coming from.

I spent all summer shopping at the farmer's market, not only because the food tasted better, but because I wanted my money supporting local farmers who used sustainable and organic practices when growing their produce.

Recently Stonyfield Farm, known for its organic diary products, reached out to me to let me know about a contest they were running to support organic farmers.

As part of the Grant a Farmer's Wish Campaign, Stonyfield will be donating $31,000 to organic farmers, and we can help decide who gets the money.

You can watch the farmer's proposal videos and cast your vote on Stonyfield's Facebook page. The first place winner will receive $10,000, 2nd and 3rd will receive $7,500 and 4th to 6th will receive $2,000.

As an incentive for voting, Stonyfield is offering coupons for their products to everyone who casts a vote.

So check it out and help support organic farmers and the food they grow.

You May Also Like

0 comments