Barefoot Running Chronicles: First Run in Vibram FiveFingers

by - Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've been intrigued by the barefoot running movement for a while, but wasn't really sure if I was ready to give it a try. I mean after all, I've been running in the same shoes my entire running career.

But when the people at Vibram offered to send me a pair of their FiveFinger shoes so I could try them and share my experiences with you, I knew it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

For a girl who has spent her entire running career wearing Mizuno Wave Inspires, experimenting with barefoot running shoes is going to be interesting. To make it even more fun, I plan to record everything along the way to share it with you.

So without further ado, I bring you the first video blog in the Barefoot Running Chronicles: My First Run in Vibram FiveFingers.




Let me know what you think about the video: Love it, hate it, think I look like a huge dork. I had fun making it, but I'm really curious about what you guys think.

And let me know if you have anything specific you'd like me to address in future videos. I'm learning as I go and want to share as much as I can with you.

Any barefoot runners out there that have any tips for me?

Standard FTC rules apply: Vibram FiveFingers sent me these shoes to test and review, all opinions expressed are mine own.

You May Also Like

0 comments