Negative Splits at Last

by - Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So that big thunderstorm that still has lots of people without power, had one positive effect. It pulled the temperatures down several degrees. It did nothing for the humidity and the dew point, but this morning the soup bowl that I'm used to running through was only lukewarm.

I'll take it.

It's better than scalding hot.

It took me a long time to get going this morning. I didn't sleep well because I had a million ideas swimming around in my head and I just couldn't turn my brain off. Work's been busy, which is awesome, and I feel like every 10 minutes a new idea for a project pops into my head. It's not a bad thing, it's just kind of annoying when I'm trying to fall asleep.

So dragging my butt out of bed this morning was a struggle.

I kept repeating over and over again that it's just an easy run. I can take it nice and slow. No need to worry about speed, just loosening up the legs. It worked and I eventually made my way outside into the soup bowl.

My four miles were pretty uneventful, but this morning was the first time in a long time I've been able to run the entire time without taking a walk break. The break in temperatures definitely made a difference in that regard.

When I checked out my splits I was pleasantly surprised.

1: 10:03
2: 9:40
3: 9:35
4: 9:28

Boo-yah negative splits! Take that hills!

The weather folks are calling for more thunderstorms to tear through the DC area tonight. Fingers crossed they don't cause any more power problems.

You May Also Like

0 comments