Moving Recap

by - Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy Monday...errr I mean Tuesday. It's my first day in the office this week, so it sure seems like a Monday to me.

I am so glad I had yesterday off though. After a weekend full of moving in insane heat and lots of unpacking, organizing and cleaning, I needed a day to relax and run some of my errands.

Moving:

Saturday was an absolutely crazy day that had me going non-stop from 5 a.m. to about 11 p.m. I managed to fit in my eight mile run and a trip to the farmer's market before the BF and I went to pick up the keys to his new apartment at 10 a.m.

After that we picked up the U-Haul (so glad I wasn't the one driving that thing!), unloaded the storage space and then headed over to the new place to start unloading. Thanks to an absolutely wonderful moving team, it only took about 2.5 hours from the time we picked up the U-Haul to the time we dropped it back off.

I was wiped after lugging furniture and boxes from the U-Haul to the apartment. It was quite the workout, but afterward the BF's friend invited us over to his pool for swimming and BBQ-ing.

Unpacking:


Sunday was spent unpacking boxes, organizing the apartment as best we could and picking up forgotten items from the BF's old place. It was an all day affair and I didn't get back to my house until 10 p.m.

No Power:

When I got home, I found out I had no power...apparently it had gone out at 2 p.m. according to my roommates and most of the county didn't have power either. A wicked storm blew through the area majorly cooling things off, but doing some serious damage to the power lines. I was lucky and my power came back on around 10:30 p.m., but this morning there are still tons of people without power. Traffic lights are out everywhere and police are having to direct traffic. It's a pretty rotten situation.

I'm extremely grateful to have power my power back on, and I'm hoping that everyone else will have their power restored soon.

Please send good thoughts to my coworkers and friends who are still without power!

You May Also Like

0 comments