Dream Interrupted

by - Thursday, July 29, 2010

I was in the middle of the strangest, yet most interesting dream ever when my alarm went off this morning. I dreamed I was back at my old job at the newspaper, but I wasn't friends with any of the same people, and I worked for a different editor and was getting all sorts of weird writing assignments.

I was so tempted to shut the alarm off and go back to sleep so I could see how the dream played out, but in the end running won out.

I got up and did my pace run like a good little half marathon trainee.

And I even came pretty close to getting all my splits at the right times.

The only one I messed up was mile 2. My normal running route starts off downhill, so it's easy for me to start out way too fast and then burnout by the time I hit the big, big hills in the second mile. If I had to take a guess, I'd say that's what happened this morning.

1: 9:08
2: 9:18
3: 9:10
.5: 4:30 (an 8:57 mile)

On my pace runs, I try to keep all my miles right around 9:10. Except for that darn second mile, I did alright this morning. I didn't have high hopes because it was back to the normal hot and humid temps, but I was happy with the end result.

Maybe I'm finally starting to adapt to this hot summertime weather.

You May Also Like

0 comments