Friday, April 30, 2010

Bottomless pit

My training run last night went OK. It started out rough, but after stopping and stretching out my calves, which were seriously knotted, things felt better. I did a lot of stretching afterward and I plan to do the same until the race.

When I got home from my run last night my stomach was growling like crazy. In fact it had been growling on my entire run. (Maybe because I didn't use granola in my afternoon yogurt?)

Lately I've been a bottomless pit!

For dinner, I was in the mood for some salsa chicken. It's something I used to make in college all the time because it was so quick and easy.

Basically you throw some chicken tenders in a skillet and cook it for two minutes on each side.

Then you dump in a jar of salsa and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.



Seriously, could anything be easier?

I obviously needed more on my plate than some chicken. So I decided to make green beans! Yum!

While the chicken was cooking, I popped these green beans in the microwave.



About four minutes later they were finish.

I scooped a generous helping of the chicken and the green beans on to my plate and dug in.


For dessert, I had a few strawberries.

About two hours later my stomach was growling again. So I treated myself to some Trader Joe's chocolate peanut butter pretzels. Those babies hit the spot.

I'm super excited to hit up the race expo tomorrow. I love testing out all the samples from vendors!

Good luck to everyone else that's racing this weekend!! I'll be thinking about you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.