Monday, December 07, 2009

Meet the Halls

The Halls are very cool people, at least that's what I gathered from the few minutes I chatted with them at Pacers this weekend.



It went something like this:

Jess: Hi [Hands Ryan Runner's World Magazine]
Ryan: Hi

Jess: Was it chilly on your run this morning? [They did six miles the day after D.C.'s first snow fall of the season.]
Sara: No it was actually beautiful out.
Jess: Oh that's good.
[All smile for picture]


Sara: What races do you have coming up?
Jess: A 10K this weekend and five miler the weekend after.
Sara: Oh that's great.
Ryan and Sara: Good luck.
Jess: Thanks! It was nice to meet you both.
[Walk away like a normal person until I get into Starbucks then turn to BF]
Jess: Oh my gosh I just met Ryan Hall. Oh my gosh I just met the Halls. Holy crap did that really happen.

Yup. Way to keep your cool Jess.





P.S. Check out my guest post today over at Amber's blog!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

wooot!

Zeyev said...

Are we absolutely, positively sure that these pix are not the result of some excellent PhotoShop effort? :-)

Tim Wilson said...

Very Cool :)

Erin said...

That's so exciting! You look so happy in your photo! :)

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great couple to meet! How awesome is that!?

Melissa said...

Very cool! I would never know what to say!

Wes said...

very kewl! :-)

Jess said...

Very cool! You should use your mad web design skillz to take the pic of you with them and turn it into a RW cover mock-up!

Carolina John said...

that's awesome! i would have totally freaked.

aron said...

ahhh that is so awesome!

Meg Runs said...

I don't think I could have even said two words to the Halls...anyone famous or that I respect is just like a celebrity and I freeze. I once saw Gwenth Paltrow walking by the beach near our house and I just ran by, stopped and froze. I'm such an idiot but you did a great job!

lindsay said...

LOL! girl you kept it together better than i thought you would!!! ;) i think they would've had to pick my mouth up off the floor and wipe the drool haha. i am jealous!!

Susan said...

I'm so jealous! I have no clue what kind of random babble would come out of my mouth...

Wendy said...

That's awesome!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.