Beat

by - Thursday, October 22, 2009

Between staying up to watch the Phillies win the NLCS (again! Whooo team!) and running an extremely hilly new route yesterday, I am dragging today. I hit snooze twice this morning and each time the alarm went off I was startled out of a deep sleep. But I've fueled up with a delicious omelet from our cafeteria downstairs (because I was a starvin' marvin this morning) and I'm feeling more awake already.

My quads, however, are not loving the fact that the 7.2 mile route I mapped out yesterday was full of hills. I didn't know it and certainly wasn't expecting it. I used Mapmyrun to try out a new, longer and pretty much unfamiliar route where I knew there would be two hills. But turns out, I picked a realllly hilly route. I did a ton of climbing and then a lot of up and down through some big rollers.

And lucky me, most of the big, big hills were out the end of the route.

My quads are trashed, especially might right one.

I was trying to embed the elevation profile from Mapmyrun, but can't seem to figure out a way to do it. I know how to embed the map, but that's not what I was going going for.

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. hills are your friend. even if you don't believe it at the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hills make you strong, kieep thinking of that!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trashed quads make for a more interesting recovery, i think. and i hate the phillies. boo on them for last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMG, sister, staying up till midnight regularly to watch the Phils is a BIG part of why I've been MIA lately - I'm too OLD to do that on school nights!

    But man was it worth it! Especially Game 4! W0000000T!!! JRoll shows up BIG time, smashing a 100mph fastball into the gap!! Endings don't get no happier and I'm so serious about that that I'm not even gonna make a "Happy Ending" sexual double entendre out of it!

    That there is a pic of Chen Ho, isn't it? He's one of Ian's fav Phils (and mine and Teh 'Bride's) because he's Korean and a GREAT PITCHER!

    Man. I need sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pffffttt! There's Cletus, hatin' on our Phils again.

    Go sell Ramirez some steroids, Cletus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'oh! Chan Ho! I should at least spell his name right!

    WOOOOOOOOOOO! Park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to sound ridiculous but I am missing hills...seriously it is so flat here it's almost hard to take

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one thing about DC, it's hilly! Oh well, if you ever want to run MCM, you'll have good training under your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice job with the 7+ run! i dunno how to embed the elevation either... i think i just take a screen shot and then crop it down in good ol' Paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hills scare me, mostly because the city I live in is flat as a pancake. Makes me a tiny bit worried for my 5K this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hills mean you don't have to use weights... hills suck and are great and the same time! Nice job figuring out a new, longer route though!

    ReplyDelete