Susan from Nurse on the Run sent me this fun survey. Since I don't want to bore you with another "I did Jillian post" I figured today was a good day for this. The rules are:
1.) Fill it out
2.) Change one question with one of your own
3.) Add an additional question
4.) Send it to 3 people.
1. What are your current obsessions? Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, the Phillies (even though they sucked against the Braves in the opening series), working out (duh lol) and experimenting with fun new recipes that I'm learning from all of you.
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? This pair of black pants I have for work.They fit nice and they're comfortable and go with everything. Wow what a boring answers lol.
3. Last thing you bought for myself? I bought myself a veggie hoagie from Subway last night. Does that count?
4. What’s for dinner? Three bean salad. It's my mom's recipe and it's cold and delicious. It's basically a can of green beans, wax beans and kidney beans (I add chickpeas and edamame when it's at my grocery store) in olive oil and vinegar with salt and pepper.
5. Say something to the person who tagged you: I'm glad you found my blog and I'm having fun reading yours!
6. What is one item you could not live without? Either my cell phone or my Macbook Pro.
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die? The Carribean. I'm a simple person. Give me sparkling blue waters and white, sandy beaches and I'm happy.
8. Three things to do before you die:
a. Find time to work with Girls on the Run or some other community-involved health and fitness program.
b. Husbands, kids, house, dog, all that family stuff eventually
c. Own a beach house so I can go every weekend and eventually retire there.
9. What are you reading right now? Women's Guide to Running.
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed? Rate it out of 5 stars. Confessions of a Shopaholic. My roomies and I went for a girls day and we had a great time. It was a cute movie and was exactly what we were looking for. It's no Oscar winner, but I'd give it three stars.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure? Really bad TV, especially shows on ABC Family.
12. What’s your favorite smell? The salty smell you get as you drive into the beach....are you seeing a theme here with me and the beach.
13.If cost wasn't an issue and you could run any race in the world what would it be? The Caymen Island Marathon or Half Marathon. I'd make a whole vacation out of it.
14. Care to share some wisdom? Well behaved women rarely make history. (But I can't take credit for that one)
15. Describe one of your happiest moments. I was about to get all sappy on you, but I'll spare you all and say that one of my happiest moments was when my college roommates and I took a cruise after my graduation. Times were sometimes tense in our apartment between some of us, but on the cruise we just all let loose because we didn't care who was doing the dishes or taking out the trash and I feel like it was a trip that repaired some of the damage we caused by living together.
16. What was your best Halloween costume? When I was a little kid my mom made me a Dalmatian costume not long after the movie came out. I repurposed the head piece my senior year of high school for Senior Dress Up Day when my friends and I went as the Peanuts gang. I was Snoopy.
17. What do you have an addiction to? The Internet for sure. Google Reader's a close second. I used to be more addicted to Facebook, but I'm slowly backing off the addition.
18. What do you do that you would be embarassed for others to know about? Sometimes I talk in my sleep. It's on really rare occassions, but once in college my roommate and I apparently had a whole conversation while she was awake and I was asleep. I remember none of it.
19. What is one totally irrational fear you have? Flying over water makes me nervous, but not because I'm afraid the plane will crash and I will die. I'm actually afraid the plane will crash, I won't die, but then I will be eaten by a shark. Seriously, who thinks like that?
Ok, I tag:
I did do Jillian again last night and I taught my yoga class.
I managed to survive the DMV fairly unscathed. I now have a Maryland license, which by the way has to be one of the ugliest state licenses I've ever seen (sorry don't mean to offend) but seriously. It's all washed out looking and boring. Pennsylvania's had lots of color and was pretty. I also have Maryland plates for my car, again boring and ugly, unlike PA's with fun colors. I'm going to have my dad help me switch the plates this weekend when I'm home in Atown for Easter.