I'm still alive

by - Friday, November 30, 2007

Well bloggers...it's been a while. I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings. I know I sure it. It was great being home and seeing the family.

I was able to get some rest in, which was also definitely a plus. For the most part I'm feeling much better. No more headaches, sore throats, etc. etc. I am still feeling a little bit run down though and have been taking a decent amount of naps. I think that may be in part due to the fact that it's the end of the semester and projects and papers and tests are stressing me out. But I know some of it's my own fault.

Because I only have two weeks left of being a "kid," I've been trying to cram as much into all of my days as possible. That tends to lead to early mornings and late nights, which leave me sapped of energy and not so much up for working out.

Being realistic, I know I'm not going to be getting very many good workouts in until after graduation. I will try to squeeze in one or two here and there, but with these last few weeks, I really just want to be spending time with my friends and soaking up the last bit of college that I can.

On that note, I know my posting has been fairly sporadic lately because I've been sick, but I can't promise it will be too much better in the next two weeks because when I don't get a good workout in I feel like I don't have too much to post about.

Quick soccer note: Don't know if anyone is following the NCAA soccer tournament, but some good things happened in the Terps bracket. First off, we won our second round game against Loyola, (MD). (We were seeded 13th, so we had a first round bye.) Tied zero zero through two over time period and went into penalty kicks. We came out on top 4-2. I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest from the adrenaline. PK games are way too intense.

Because we won. we were set to play the winner of #4 Indiana and unranked Bradley. We all figured we'd be road tripping to Bloomington this weekend. But Bradley knocked IU off 5-4 in PKs, and because Bradley is unranked, they come here tomorrow night for our third round game.

Win or lose, it's going to be my last home game as a student. That makes me sad. There have been a lot of good memories from Ludwig Field. I've made some of my best friends there and I'm sad to see it come to an end.

If we win we will play the winner of UC-Santa Barbara and Ohio State, both of whom are ranked higher than us, so we will be traveling. I'm pulling for OSU because realistically we can get there. Realistically, we cannot afford to travel across the country. (knock on wood, this is dependent on us winning)

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Enjoy the end of college, by all means :-) It keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:57 PM

    Make some good memories. Then you'll have to be all mature and boring after graduation. Ha! :) Blog when you have time. For now, enjoy the end of one phase and the beginning of another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherish those last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you are! :>) Enjoy your last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy those last weeks. I am in the same boat. It will go SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When and where is the wild toga party? Toga! Toga! Toga!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your last few weeks of school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been MIA myself. I'm glad to see that you are back. Enjoy your last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:14 PM

    I'm quite jealous you're graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, MSU was having a solid season for once and got upset in the 1st round by the University of Oakland! Oh well...

    I've been on a blogging hiatus too but now I'm back, haha. Enjoy the last couple of weeks of school!

    ReplyDelete