Make Up Run

by - Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Time: 40 minutes
Length: A little more than 3...I'll say 3.2.

I didn't get my run in yesterday morning because I had a breakfast with the College Board of Directors for the Journalism School. (Basically it was a chance for a bunch of journalism students to spend an hour chatting with someone important in the industry and make networking connections, etc.)

I had plans to run when I got home from my internship yesterday, but instead I laid down to watch TV for a little bit and accidentially fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later. I guess I really needed the sleep. I had been up late the night before working on a group paper. The end of the semester is killing me. All the work is leading to major lack of sleep.

So instead of cross-training today I bumped my run back. It was really chilly this morning; I had to pull out a long-sleeve running shirt. But other than the weather, the run was excellent. I went longer than usual, seemed to be able to keep my pace and felt really good the whole time. And even though it was chilly, the sun was shining the entire time and it was gorgeous outside.

Reminded me of this little country tune: "It's a great day to be alive. I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes."

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love runs like that! And..I like that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run!! Love days that feel like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CubReporters.org is a new website for young, college and early-career journalists. It contains internship listings, job leads, fellowships, freelance opportunities and more.

    Please check out the site, tell others about it and consider adding a link to your website. Thanks.

    http://CubReporters.org

    ReplyDelete