by - Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oh man today's run was awful. I'm not sure if you could actually even call it a run. More like a step or two followed by shooting pain in the front of one shin and in the back of the other followed by walking to attempt to make the pain go away. It was horrible.

I started out same pace as always and I was a little sore, but I chalked it up to the early morning stiffness that usually goes away after about five minutes. Wellll my friends, this pain did not go away and right around minute 13 I gave in to the pain and started walking. More like hobbling.

I found a telephone pole on the side of the road that I was hoping to stretch out on, but I was too tight to even stretch, so I gave up and just kept walking (at this point it was shorter to keep going the way I was going than to turn around and walk the rest of the way back home). All I wanted to do was get back. It hurt so much.

What a waste of a run. I was so pissed off. It was supposed to be a 45 minute run. With all my slow walking and hobbling it took me 45 minutes to get back from my 13 minute run out. Honestly I am so pissed off about this wasted run.

So I came home and did a strength training workout. At least the day wasn't a complete waste. Ugh how frustrating.

As promised here's yesterday's list of food. I did pretty good on day one of clean up the crap I eat!
Breakfast: Bowl of Special K (my favorite cereal ever lol)
Lunch: Raspberry yogurt and a cup of dry cereal (we were out of apple cinnamon rice cakes :o(
Dinner: Tuna salad on a whole wheat pita with lettuce onions and a little bit of Miracle Whip.

I have a short run scheduled for tomorrow....either 30 or 35 minutes and I'll probably do another strength workout. Hopefully tomorrow's run doens't suck as much as today's did. When I get home from work I'm going to majorly stretch out, which will hopefully help!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your crappy run! The next one will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! Stretch and ICE, baby!

    The next run will be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete